Advertising Terms and Conditions
A Definitions and Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
- Terrific Media Ltd Trading as “Voucher Books” accepts publication of Advertisements (as defined below) on the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms”).
- These Terms apply to:
- print advertisements in the Voucher Books Booklet as well as inserts (“Inserts”);
- online advertisements on www.voucher-books.co.uk (the “Website”); and
- By placing an order, including the completion of either the printed or online booking form, the “Advertiser” (which is the person bidding for or placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
B Content and Delivery of Advertisements
- Materials for any Advertisement (whether print or digital) must adhere to VOUCHER BOOKS’s technical specifications and be delivered to VOUCHER BOOKS within the applicable timeframes, each as set out here.
- VOUCHER BOOKS may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement. VOUCHER BOOKS may refuse to publish any Advertisement for any Advertiser who has not paid any sums due for any advertising in any of the Pubications or the Website. The Advertiser will remain responsible for all outstanding charges.
- The publication of an Advertisement by VOUCHER BOOKS does not mean that VOUCHER BOOKS accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that VOUCHER BOOKS has waived its rights under these Terms.
- The Advertiser guarantees to VOUCHER BOOKS that:
- any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading;
- it has obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement;
- the Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice (including the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (the “CAP Code”) and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority and/or the Office of Fair Trading), are not libellous or obscene and do not infringe the rights of any person (including any person’s intellectual property rights);
- the Advertisement will not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of VOUCHER BOOKS or the Website or the Booklets, and will not contain anything with VOUCHER BOOKS in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
- all digital Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website; and
- all digital Advertisements comply with (i) the the standards for online advertising published by the Coalition for Better Ads (https://www.betterads.org); and (ii) the “L.E.A.N.” best practice principles for online advertising standards published by the IAB UK, each as may be updated from time to time.
- Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with VOUCHER BOOKS and the Advertiser will compensate VOUCHER BOOKS for any claim made by such advertiser against VOUCHER BOOKS.
- All Advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the prevailing rates set out as agreed on the booking form on the date of publication. Any changes to the rates will take effect immediately. However, any changes to the applicable rates will not apply to any orders made prior to the date of such change.
- All sums payable to VOUCHER BOOKS should be made in accordance with VOUCHER BOOKS’s Financial Terms & Conditions which are: Unless a customer has applied for and been accepted as a credit account customer, VOUCHER BOOKS will provide services only on a pre-payment basis, with receipt of cleared funds prior to the booking being confirmed. Customers wishing to apply for a credit account must complete a Credit Application Form which is available on request from your sales contact. Until credit facilities are granted customers will remain on prepayment terms. VOUCHER BOOKS’s standard payment terms are cleared funds 7 days from date of invoice. If the due date falls on a weekend or bank holiday the payment is due on the first working day immediately prior to the due date. As payment is due as cleared funds, under current banking arrangements, cheques should be despatched and payment by bank transfer should be processed by the customer three working days prior to the due date. VOUCHER BOOKS reserve the right to charge interest on late payment at 4% above the Bank of England base rate.
- Occasionally, VOUCHER BOOKS cannot distribute the number of Inserts agreed with the Advertiser on a specific day due to changes in the print run. Where this happens, VOUCHER BOOKS will distribute all ‘overs’ at the next suitable opportunity (usually the next day or next available date arranged with the print sites). The Advertiser will be liable for the full cost of the Insert order. In no event will VOUCHER BOOKS be liable for loss arising from failure to insert or any errors in the insertion of Inserts
E Liability of VOUCHER BOOKS
- VOUCHER BOOKS accepts no responsibility for any interruption or delay the Advertiser experiences in delivering any Advertisement copy to VOUCHER BOOKS or any loss or damage to any Advertisement copy or any other materials. The Advertiser guarantees that it has retained sufficient quality and quantity of all materials supplied to VOUCHER BOOKS.
- VOUCHER BOOKS shall use its reasonable endeavours to reproduce Advertisements as provided by the Advertiser but cannot guarantee that the Advertisement will be of the same quality.
- Advertisements normally appear in all editions of a Booklet but VOUCHER BOOKS reserves the right to omit certain Advertisements from the European editions.
- VOUCHER BOOKS will not be responsible for any additions to, changes in, deletions from, delays in publication or withdrawal of any Advertisements required by any authority having responsibility for the regulation of online or press advertising (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
- VOUCHER BOOKS cannot guarantee the time, dates and/or position of Advertisements and all such decisions will be at the sole discretion of VOUCHER BOOKS. However, VOUCHER BOOKS will use reasonable efforts to comply with the wishes of the Advertiser.
- If a booked Advertisement is not published at all solely due to a mistake on VOUCHER BOOKS’s part, VOUCHER BOOKS will try to offer an alternative publication date(s). If the alternative date(s) is not accepted, the original booking will be cancelled and the Advertiser shall be entitled to a full refund if the Advertiser has paid in advance for the Advertisement. This shall be the Advertiser’s sole remedy for failure to publish the advertisement.
- If the Advertisement as reproduced by VOUCHER BOOKS contains a substantial error solely due to a mistake on VOUCHER BOOKS’s part, VOUCHER BOOKS shall, on request, re-publish the Advertisement at no additional cost to the Advertiser. VOUCHER BOOKS shall not be responsible for repetition of errors and it is the Advertiser’s responsibility to inform VOUCHER BOOKS of any errors and provide any necessary assistance to VOUCHER BOOKS to prevent a repeat of the error.
- VOUCHER BOOKS shall not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss of revenue and/or any other loss which happens as a side effect of the main loss suffered by the Advertiser or any loss which could not be contemplated by VOUCHER BOOKS and the Advertiser, and VOUCHER BOOKS’s maximum total liability for any loss or damage arising out of or in relation to any Advertisement whether in contract, tort or otherwise shall not exceed the total amount of the charges for the relevant Advertisement actually paid by or on behalf of the Advertiser.
- In respect of Advertisements on the Website, VOUCHER BOOKS does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access by users of the Website but will use reasonable efforts to provide this (except for websites booked through Guardian+ over which VOUCHER BOOKS has no control). In addition, VOUCHER BOOKS will not be responsible for any failure or delay affecting production or publication of any Booklet or the transmission of the Website and any Advertisements contained in them, in any manner where such failure or delay results from any act, omission, interruption, fault or other condition beyond the reasonable control of VOUCHER BOOKS.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude VOUCHER BOOKS’s responsibility for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence, fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of an Advertiser who is a consumer.
F Liability of the Advertiser
- The Advertiser will fully indemnify VOUCHER BOOKS from all investigations, claims, fines, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees) expenses and liabilities arising as a result of any breach or failure to comply with any of these Terms and/or the use or publication of the Advertisement by VOUCHER BOOKS in accordance with these Terms.
- VOUCHER BOOKS owns the copyright in all Advertisements written or designed by it or on its behalf.
- The Advertiser grants VOUCHER BOOKS the right (free of charge) to:
- use such of the Advertiser’s names, trade marks and/or logos as VOUCHER BOOKS may consider necessary for the purposes of publishing the Advertisements;
- reproduce the Advertisement in any media at any time from the date the Advertisement was last published in the Booklets for promotional purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the content, layout and format of any Website or Booklet will be subject to variation at VOUCHER BOOKS’s sole discretion.
H Cancellation policy
- The cancellation period for an Advertisement varies according to the publication. The Advertiser may cancel an Advertisement provided that notice in writing is received by VOUCHER BOOKS within the relevant cancellation period. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, the minimum notice period for cancellation by the Advertiser is 30 days unless agreed otherwise. Please send notice of your intention to cancel to the person who made your booking. Cancellation will only be effective on confirmation of receipt of your notice. If the Advertiser has agreed to a block booking of more than one advertisement at a discounted rate, any published advertisements will be billed at the full single publication rate for each advertisement.
- If the Advertiser is insolvent or bankrupt or is otherwise in breach of these Terms, VOUCHER BOOKS may treat the order as cancelled.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
- If VOUCHER BOOKS fails or delays in exercising its rights or remedies provided by these Terms, it shall not be deemed to have waived that or any other right or remedy under these Terms.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a relationship of principal and agent, a partnership, joint-venture, or co-ownership. Neither party shall have the authority to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other, and neither party shall hold itself out as having authority to do the same.
- These Terms are the entire agreement between the Advertiser and VOUCHER BOOKS in respect of the Advertisements and no modification to these Terms will be effective unless made in writing and signed by both VOUCHER BOOKS and the Advertiser.
- These Terms and any documents referred to and therefore incorporated by reference herein shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the Advertiser purports to apply to the purchase of Advertisements (including, without limitation, terms in any insertion or purchase order, e-mail, acknowledgement or click through agreement). To the maximum extent permitted by law, other than as set out in these Terms, all warranties and representations, whether express or implied, are excluded.
Terms last updated: 4 July 2021